Effective date: September 15th, 2021
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
The information we collect from you will depend on how you use our Website. Generally, we collect information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Your Communication with Us:
We collect information when you communicate with us. The specific types of information we collect will depend on the forum in which you communicate with us. For example, if you send us an email or fill out a contact form on our Website, we will collect your email address and the content of your email or form responses. We will use this information as necessary to respond to your inquiry.
Information Automatically Collected
As with most websites, when you use our Website we automatically receive and collect information about you and your device. This information includes the following:
- Information about your device, such as the operating system, hardware, system version, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID, and device language.
- The specific actions that you take when you use our Website including but not limited to: the pages and screens that you view or visit, search terms that you enter, and how you interact with our Website.
- The time, frequency, connection type, and duration of your use of our Website.
- Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, and signal strength.
- Location information, such as GPS information.
- Information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (as further described below); and
- Pages you visited before or after navigating to our Website.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your computer's internet browser, which is then stored on your computer's operating system. Cookies are how websites recognize users and keep track of their preferences. We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Please review your web browser's "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Website, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Website to their fullest potential.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser. When our website detects a Do Not Track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our website.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we collect personal information from you so that we can provide our Website, operate our business, and provide information that you request from us. This includes the following uses and purposes:
- Provide, operate, improve, maintain, and protect our Website.
- Provide you with technical and other support.
- Send you company updates, marketing communication, service information, and other information about our company and our services, and products and services of third parties that we think you may be interested in.
- Conduct research and analysis, and monitor and analyze Website trends and usage.
- Enhance or improve user experience, our business, and our services, including the safety and security thereof.
- Personalize our services to you.
- Communicate with you and respond to inquiries.
- Operate our business and perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Website.
- As necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process, or governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PEI, our users, customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
How Do We Share Information?
Third Party Vendors
We may have contractual agreements with affiliates, services providers, partners, and other third parties who may use the information described in this policy to operate our Website, and to develop, market, and provide our products. Any information collected or used by third party vendors is limited to the collection described in this policy, and may be used only for the purposes described.
Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection
Occasionally, we may be required to share information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, or to comply with legal obligations. For example, we may share information when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of law enforcement, judicial authorities (e.g. upon receipt of a court order or subpoena), or appropriate governmental authorities; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety or security of third parties, visitors to our Website, our businesses, or the public.
Change in Control or Sale
Retention of Personal Information
We generally retain your information as long as necessary to provide relevant services to you, comply with our legal and internal retention obligations and procedures, comply with governmental reporting obligations, and as permitted by law.
Our Website is not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use our Website or send any information about yourself to us. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared personal information with us, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove such information from our systems.
Security of Your Information
We use reasonable security measures, including measures designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to your personal information. We also take certain measures to enhance the security of our services, however, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please use discretion in choosing the information that you share with us and consider that the absolute confidentiality of this information can never be guaranteed.
If you have questions about our uses and disclosures of your personal information, or have a complaint, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.